Tuesday, June 12, 2012

4 weeks pregnant

I had a terrible start to this week. Both days ended with me crying my eyes out to my husband about how much I hate my job and how I'm sure that 12-15 hour days and this much stress cannot be good for a pregnancy. I haven't felt pregnant at all and then at my doctor's appointment today she didn't even do a blood test to make sure I'm on the right track which seems very weird to me. I also apparently have to decide what type of care I want right now because it is so limited in Toronto (midwife/family doctor/OB). So what I really want to do in the evenings is research about pregnancy and talk with DH about making these decisions and instead I am working/crying because I have too much work that I HATE.

I want to be happy and dreaming and planning and instead... You get the point.

To console myself tonight I went and picked up a clear blue digital test that also approximates time from conception. My frown was turned upside down when I saw the word pregnant and a 3+ because it made me feel good that my HCG is increasing like it should be even though I have no pregnancy symptoms yet. Way to grow little one!!

Then to top it all off one of my other blog ladies (yay Megan!!!) announced her BFP tonight too!! I could not be more thrilled about how this cycle has gone and there are still some others in the TWW that I am very optimistic about.

There is so much more I want to say but I am beat and need to get some rest!!


2 comments:

  1. I have taken a pregnancy test everyday haha just to see the increase in color on the positive line! :) POAS addict now that I am preggo, lol. Crazy how that worked out *wink*. I feel you about the job but my hubby won't let me change jobs because I am Part Time and I make really good money and have great insurance so I understand. But I am in Sales and I have to stand on my feet for 6-9 hours a day and yesterday was the 1st day after finding out I was pregnant and I can already tell that its going to be a loooong journey there! Haha Congrats Again - so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughh.. yeah forgot that some GPs don't do blood routinely and prefer just to make sure there is a positive pee test. Mind you, a single test in isolation doesn't mean anything cause you need to see that numbers going up. Wouldn't worry about the lack of symptoms too much. My first was pretty vague. :-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete